Nutrition Client Services
Sandra Vaughan is a registered dietitian with over 18 years of experience in clinical nutrition, personal nutrition counseling, long term care, and most recently regulatory compliance with high volume cook-chill production.
She is a graduate of Va Tech with a degree in Human Nutrition and Foods, completed a dietetic internship at East Carolina University School of Medicine then returned to Va Tech for post graduate study.
Jay Brinkley is the Executive Chef and Director of Culinary Services who oversees menu and recipe development for all FSP customers. Jay works with each customer's dietary team to ensure patient and resident meals not only meet nutritional guidelines but also expectations for quality, variety and taste. His goal is to maximize the use of fresh, sustainable, locally grown fruits and vegetables whenever possible.
Jay has held Chef positions in 2 Five Star Dining Rooms: The Homestead Resort in Hot Springs, VA and Hugo's Window Box within the Hyatt Regency- Houston, TX. He is a graduate of the American Culinary Federation National Apprenticeship program and attended the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, NY. He is currently certified thru the American Culinary Federation as Certified Executive Chef and holds Serv-Safe instructor status. He is the recipient of the 1996 Food Group Visionary Award for creative menu writing and has won numerous awards for cooking.
Menu Planning and Development
- Menu development and nutritional analyses. Low sodium, gluten free, carbohydrate controlled, liberalized, and heart healthy options as well as more customer specific diets for specialized populations.
- Regulatory Compliance Consulting for long term care and post-acute centers, Assisted Living, Retirement Facilities, & Hospitals.
- Menu Compliance and Enhancement Consulting
- Staff Inservice Presentations (Residents Rights, Portion Controls, Performance Improvement, Safe Food Handling, Infection Control & Universal Precautions
Personal Nutritional Counseling and Instruction
- Diagnosis specific nutrition counseling, i.e. diabetes, hypertension, food allergies, ADHD.
- Nutrition enhancement during rehabilitation.
- Individual nutrition analysis using the latest nutrition software that may identify specific macro and micronutrient deficiencies or excess.
- Individual nutrition plans based on specific life goals.
- Functional medicine nutrition approach in all services.
HACCP Plans and Food Defense Plans
HACCP Plan Management intended to prevent food product compromise through the use of controls at the microbiological and physical hazard points.
- Review existing HACCP Plan and Recommend Updates for Compliance
- Developing HACCP plans and prerequisite programs from scratch
Work with retail and institutional clients on the Development of Food Defense Plans (as recommended by the FDA) intended to prevent the intentional contamination of food products.
The Best Way to Sustain a Healthy Life Is to Eat a Healthy Meal
FoodService Partners prepares delicious meals, from scratch, every day using fresh, sustainable fruits and vegetables from local farms.
Meals are produced to meet the quality standards, nutritional needs and dietary requirements demanded by hospitals', skilled nursing homes' and long-term care facilities' medical team. Recipes are created to enhance taste and flavor to meet the demands and exceed the expectations of patients and family members.
Some of the healthy meals produced by FoodService Partners: